We are looking for a conscientious, organised, and methodical individual to lead the busy despatch function at the Distribution Facility. This will include managing shipments, and transport planning via third-party transport providers, ensuring a consistent, high-quality delivery service to customers, achieving our on time in full (O.T.I.F) targets and adhering to CGDP at all times.
Hours37.5 / week
- Leading and controlling tasks within the Despatch function, ensuring that all duties are completed efficiently and effectively.
- Updating and processing transfers, ETO, and ‘goods in’ onto the AX system.
- Assisting with the production of picking and packing lists, delivery notes, and other relevant paperwork.
- Overseeing Sales orders and transfers.
- Leading and coordinating ‘piggy-back’ requirements.
- Coordinating the use of computerised systems and devices.
- Communicating daily in a professional manner to all staff and customers.
- Ensuring the efficient distribution of Warehouse goods.
- Monitoring third-party systems and ensuring your knowledge of these is up to date.
- Managing and improving processes where possible.
- Demonstrating strong knowledge of the in-house computer stock system (AX).
- Taking precautions to protect Warehouse contents against loss or damage of any kind.
- Monitoring the management of the Sales Book across the customer base.
- Ensuring the efficient loading of third-party vehicles and consolidation of Sales orders to maximise vehicle usage.
- Recording statistical data and producing regular KPI’s for the business.
- Arranging training and progression requirements for current and new employees.
- Providing guidance, instruction, direction, and leadership to the Distribution team.
- Maintaining good employee relations throughout the workplace.
- Ensuring that internal delivery processes are adhered to in order to meet targets.
- Ensuring that Quality systems and Health & Safety procedures are followed consistently.
Education / Experience
- NVQ in Warehousing – Level 2 (Desirable)
- NVQ in Administration – Level 2 (Desirable)
- Strong Health & Safety knowledge within a Warehouse environment is essential.
- Excellent IT skills in AX and Microsoft packages, particularly in Excel, would be highly beneficial.
- Excellent organisational skills will be key within the role.
- The ability to make quick decisions under pressure will be important.
- Demonstrable working knowledge of Warehouse Operations is a requirement.
- You should possess strong knowledge of the general procedures and methods of Operations within a large manufacturing business
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, will be essential to this role.
How to apply
To be considered for this role, please submit your CV to Ashleigh Kelly via email ([email protected]) by the closing date listed.
Please note that the above statements outline the principle functions of the role and this is not an exhaustive list. The role holder may be asked to perform other tasks and duties commensurate with their skills and experience.