The Business Development Manager (BDM) is responsible for identified key customer accounts for the Company’s portfolio, with an account turnover of > £5M and < £10M. The BDM will be focused on retention and driving account growth opportunities in both revenue and margin contribution.
Business Development Manager
Hours40 / week
- Achieve revenue and profitability targets through key account management, customer focus and effective commercial acumen
- Create a key account business plan to include growth opportunities, key actions and timelines, aligned with the company key objectives.
- Champion a customer centric culture, delivering market leading customer service that will secure valuable long-term customer relationships.
- Overall responsibility for revenue and customer satisfaction, ensuring delivery of the appropriate level of service and maximising the commercial value of the account.
- Ensure effective collaboration with sales colleagues, customer services and operations to safeguard long term positive development of the customer base.
- Complete regular commercial reviews and identify accounts at risk, either through service or contract renewal and create plan to address.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly reports on key performance indicators, as agreed with the Sales Director.
Education / Experience
- Experience in healthcare industry and medical device markets is essential.
- Educated to degree level or NVQ Level 5.
- Sales or Account Management experience in managing large value accounts and new account development.
- Experience with selling “technical” products to businesses with an important after sales/service process.
- A proven track record for achievement of sales targets and business performance.
- Ability to persuade and influence people at all levels and develop good working relationships that promote team working.
- A proven track record of commercial awareness, achieving sales targets and excellent negotiation skills.
- Develop good working relationships that promote team working.
- Attention to detail and the ability to analyse data and interpret the information effectively to continuously improve customer revenue and profitability.
- A self-starter and ability to organise self and others to ensure tasks are carried out in a timely manner.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- MS Office and general IT skills.
How to apply
To be considered for this role, please submit your CV to our Human Resources Department via email ([email protected]) by the closing date listed.
Please note that the above statements outline the principle functions of the role and this is not an exhaustive list. The role holder may be asked to perform other tasks and duties commensurate with their skills and experience.