To provide robust leadership of the company supplier base, ensuring material availability to meet business needs. Create, strengthen and develop relationships with suppliers, manage inventory within the business maximising cash flow and increasing stock turn. Develop team of buyers/expeditors to support suppliers introducing and managing metrics to improve performance.
Hours37.5 / week
- Lead the supply chain operation, liaising with production, operations, and planning departments.
- Improve KPI’s aligned to the Operations strategy.
- Create purchasing and stock management strategies to support over 200 suppliers and 2000 product lines.
- Leading the day to day running of the purchasing and material supply function
- Coach, manage and develop a team of buyers.
- Ensure appropriate stock levels to meet sales demand.
- Work with NPI teams to ensure product introduction schedules are met, directing procurement activity within the process.
- Develop forecasting systems and measurement of supplier performance.
- Develop strong supplier relationships.
- Offshore finished product sourcing and liaison with far east product team.
- Negotiating supplier contracts and cost improvement opportunities.
- Ensuring supplier and process regulatory compliance including MSAT.
- Utilise and exploit the current ERP system (AX2012) to improve workflow.
- Improve cash flow and stock turn.
- Work with key departments to optimise lean focussed business processes.
- Collate and manage data sets for environmental compliance e.g., Packaging regulations, Plastic tax.
Education / Experience
- Minimum 10 years purchasing and supply chain experience within high volume multi SKU environment.
- Coaching and mentoring skills to lead a small team.
- MRP and ERP systems (AX2012 preferred).
- Supply Chain exposure across multiple disciplines e.g. Warehousing, Planning, Manufacturing.
- Understanding of ISO 13485 / 9001 or other regulated environment.
- Leadership of successful change projects within supplier improvements and wider supply chain.
How to apply
To be considered for this role, please submit your CV to our Human Resources Department via email ([email protected]) by the closing date listed.
Please note that the above statements outline the principle functions of the role and this is not an exhaustive list. The role holder may be asked to perform other tasks and duties commensurate with their skills and experience.